Top 100 Global Industrial IoT Influencers in October
Discussion of the Industrial IoT (IIoT) or the Fourth Wave of the Internet is ubiquitous in the media, at industry conferences, and in manufacturing. According to a recent report released by The MPI Group, 90% of manufacturing executives believe that the IoT will have a significant or some impact on business in general over the next five years. Approximately 84% think that the IoT will have a significant or some impact on their business over the next five years. To stay competitive leaders need to adapt their business model to the rapidly changing environment and to build a communication strategy taking into account several things: the message, target audience, channels, influencers, openness to clients ‘feedback, etc. One of the reasons why IIoT-World is publishing this report is to help executives involved in Industrial IoT process to make better decisions. The report is based on data generated by Kcore Lab, a leading influencer platform to identify Top Influencers in Social Media using proprietary cutting-edge optimization algorithms.
Top 100 Global Industrial IoT Influencers
Influence is about access to information and the ability to empower others. The power of tech influencers does not necessarily lie in the number of their followers, but in their capacity to influence through curation and authenticity. Bigger is not always better, that’s why influencers should be selected for their relevance to a specific concept, not their follower count.
To make an accurate selection of Industrial IoT influencers, we used four different keywords, the most common used by influencers when referring to IIoT: “industrial iot”, “#IIoT”, “industry40” and “#industry40”.
We did our research with data available from Kcore Lab on 28th of October and here are the results using “industrial iot” keyword:
Kcore Lab shows IIoT_World on the top position of Industrial IoT global influencers, followed by YarmolukDan, IBM, DavidOro, fabot70, IoTRecruiting, jblefevre60, MikeQuindazzi, JacBurns_Comext and Ronald_vanLoon.
Top 100 Global Industrial IoT Influencers (using in their tweets “#iiot” keyword)
Compared to the previous IIoT Report published in June by IIoT-World.com with the support of Right Relevance who generated the data, in October, Kcore Lab lists Bill McCabe as the top IIoT influencers, followed by MikeQuindazzi, DavidOro, YarmolukDan, Pradeep Rao, Daniel Elizalde, ipfconline, Goldman Sachs, @ThingsEXPO and Duane Baker. Check the Top 100 IIoT Influencers here.
Top 100 Global Industrial IoT Influencers (using in their tweets “industry40” keyword)
Top 100 Global Industrial IoT Influencers (using in their tweets “#industry40” keyword)
Taking a closer look at the report, the top 100 Industrial IoT influencers in general, look totally different from the previous report we have published. Evan Kirstel is still number one influencer in #industry40 searches); He is in top 5 IIoT Influencers using “industry40” as a keyword”, number 21st (in #IIoT list), but does not appear in the list of influencers who tweet using “industrial iot” keyword. GE Digital is in Top 15 influencers (#IIoT list) compared to position number 5 in the last IIoT Influencers report.
Account such Siemens, Network World, Predix, Deborah Sherry, Steven Max Patterson, HPE IoT, Ahmed Al Naggar, The Manufacturer, Rockwell Automation, Tech Republic, PTC, TNW, ReadWrite and Marc R Gagn MAPP disappeared from this 100 list, but new Industrial IoT influencers made the list: fabot70, jblefevre60, JacBurns_Comext, Ronald_vanLoon, chboursin, Daniel Elizalde, IoTimelab (a bot), ATEKAssetScan, IOTSWC, DigitalDollyRay, DollyRayDigital and Dolly Ray being three accounts of the same person, Digital_Mummy, TripwireInc, HireMobiDev, IoT_Editor, Techfest_IITB, Goldman Sachs, Benson Chan, Internet of Things, Manuj Aggarwal, Social Fave, IBM, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, World Economic Forum, Sachin Lulla, Duane Baker etc. Some of these new players tweet about IIoT/Industry40 but are not directly involved in Industrial IoT.
The following accounts are in the top 30 Industrial IoT/IIoT Influencers as in the previous report: IIoT_World, YarmolukDan, DavidOro, Bill McCabe, MikeQuindazzi, @ThingsEXPO, Pradeep Rao, Scott Amyx, Michael Fisher, CloudEXPO and Ludmila MorozovaBuss.
In the first quarter of 2017, IoT One published a list with top 100 Industrial IoT Companies. According to the source, IoT One assessed more than 1 600 Industrial IoT companies and identified the 100 with the greatest impact in three areas: brand influence in markets, technology innovation, and ecosystem. Only three companies from that list are also in Kcore Lab’s top, which indicate that the majority of IIoT big players choose other channels than Twitter to transmit their messages or don’t allocate enough resources for this particular channel.
Who are Top 10 Industrial IoT Influencers and why?
As we used four different key phrases (“industrial iot”, “#IIoT”, “industry40” and “#industry40”) in our research, we examined top 10 Industrial IoT influencers in each cluster and compiled all four lists of top 10 influencers in one list. Here are top 10 IIoT influencers using one of the keywords listed above:
- IIoT World™ – a minority woman-owned business, is the first Global Digital Publication dedicated 100% to Industrial Internet of Things/Industry 4.0. IIoT World™ combines journalistic coverage with data analysis to expose the stories, players, trends, and innovations that shape the IIoT space. Sample topics covered: Industrial Internet of Things, Smart Infrastructure, Predictive Analytics, Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing, Predictive maintenance, Smart Healthcare, ICS Security, Connected Industry: IT/OT convergence, sensors, connectivity, mobility, smart buildings, Digital Disruption, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous cars, Robotics.
- YarmolukDan is a professional speaker on Digital Transformation, Daca Science, and IoT Business Models topics. Dan has been involved in analytics, embedded design and components of mobile products for over a decade with a focus on creating and driving IIoT automation, condition monitoring and predictive maintenance programs with technology with how analytics and business models intersect to drive added value and digital transformation. Industries served include: oil and gas, refining, chemical, precision agriculture, food, pulp and paper, mining, transportation, filtration, field services and distribution. He writes frequently on data science, IoT and business models in a variety of publications. He has an MBA and finishing his graduate degree in Data Science.
- IBM – the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 375,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.
- DavidOro is a global communications executive focused on critical communications, media relations and corporate communications for high-growth hardware, software and enterprise technology companies. Successful planning, implementation and budget management of global communications plans. Experience includes strategic company and product positioning, internal communications, ongoing strategic communications counsel, executive media training, general business and trade media relations, digital campaigns, M&A and general financial communications.
- Fabio Bottacci is a senior executive consistently proving, during more than 20 years of professional experience, strong business resilience and new challenges “addiction”, especially in demanding and stressful environments such as Start-Ups and Turnarounds. Solid background mainly developed in large multinational organizations, acting in the Oil & Gas, Automotive, and Telecom sectors, and having – as a common basis – a consistent experience in Strategic & Operational Consulting. He is World Economic Forum Industrial IoT (IIoT) Expert Contributor, focusing on IIoT 4th Industrial Revolution, building up support, and trying to establish Industrial IoT end-to-end solutions/applications as the digital standard within different industries. He is also IIoT-World’s contributor and CEO of Vinci Digital, acting in Brazil/Latin America as Digital Evangelist/Productive Disruptor and Independent Trusted Advisor, with the main focus on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Bill McCabe spent his early career as a CPA with a major accounting firm. What he learned from accounting is that he didn’t want to spend his whole life doing it. That knowledge engendered a change of address from the accounting firm to a marketing and public relations company. Bill found his niche in recruiting and consequently spent the last 19 years in IT recruitment, in particular in executive search helping candidates and hiring managers in the software and professional services industry. To say that he is uniquely qualified to know the kind of candidates that major companies are looking for is a mild understatement. Crossing over to IoT, a field about which he knew a great deal and wanted to know more, Bill became very passionate about IoT and big data, making it a point to learn the past, present and future of the arena. In IoT, Bill found his real space in life. Candidates he places are among the top 5% in their field and are top producers for their new companies. Bill loves what he does and takes infinite pride in putting together the right candidate with the right company. He has been applauded and lauded as one of the top fifty Twitter influencers in IoT, landing at number 17. Named an BM IOT Futurist at IBM Interconnect as well as IOT Emerge in Chicago in Sept 2016.
- J-Baptiste Lefevre is really passionate about the startup ecosystem and especially Fintech and Fiserv. Jean-Baptiste has been working in financial services for 17 years for a French bank. After having created a fintech payment method, he is now working on the bank’s digital experience lab, which allows him to work on new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Bigdata and many others.
- MikeQuindazzi is Managing Director for the Southwest area of PwC. Mike has 28 years invested in gathering industry experience & crafting his management consulting abilities; leading teams & global companies on strategy & transformational initiatives. Mike is responsible for growing a $750m multi-sector practice where he spends his waking hours developing people & shaping innovative approaches to solving complex issues for company’s clients. He is a keynote speaker on the global megatrends that are shaping future paths for business & society.
- Jacqueline Burns – International Trade Broker specialized in Logistics, GlobalTrade, Shipping, SupplyChain, Marketing, B2B communication, and BigData. Jacqueline is interested in eCommerce, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Crypto and new technology.
- Ronald_vanLoon has been recognized as one of the top 10 Global Big Data, IoT, Data Science, Predictive Analytics, Business Intelligence Influencer by Onalytica, Data Science Central, Klout, Dataconomy. He is also an author for a number of leading big data websites, including The Guardian, The Datafloq, and Data Science Central. Ronald regularly speaks at renowned events and conferences.
- Pradeep Rao is an experienced, certified architect with post-graduate degree in information technology. Pradeep is currently working as an IT Architect for Center of Competency and has over 16+ years of experience in IT industry with roles ranging from Field engineer to Solution Manager and Lead Architect for IBM’s largest outsourcing contracts and outside IBM. He have over 12 years’ experience in consulting and working on engagements performing data center process analysis, efficiency recommendations, design and implementations of systems management controls, and performing and managing complex data center relocation/consolidation/migration in the complex client-server environments.
- Daniel Elizalde is an Internet of Things (IoT) expert with over 17 years of experience as a product leader, consultant, and software engineer. He is the founder of TechProductManagement, and the creator of the IoT Decision Framework, a comprehensive method for IoT product management & strategy. Daniel’s diverse background includes working at Fortune 500 companies and growth-stage start-ups, as well as product companies and services companies.
- ipfconline is a web agency based in France, founded by Pierre Pinna (@pierrepinna). The agency is specialized in e-commerce, webmaster, SEO, Digital Marketing, AI, Big Data. It tweets about BigData, Digital Marketing, IoT, IIoT, AR, Fintech, being in the top 5 influencers in these areas.
- Goldman Sachs – The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
- @ThingsEXPO is a brand for events, produced by SYS-CON Events, a part of SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com). The primary company’s goal being connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream – featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security.
- Duane Baker is an IT program manager, infrastructure technical architect, application architect, business analyst, project manager, technical recruiter, customer relationship management, and organizational management professional. Direct experience in designing regional dark fiber networks, K-12 education IT requirements, longitudinal data warehousing for K-12 environments, grant writing, RFP development and response writing, as well as hardware/software/services procurement & sales to governmental agencies. Experienced IT consultant with 30+ years experience analyzing and consulting on IT infrastructure, policies, procedures, security, and architecture.
- Michael Fisher Michael Fisher is a System Analyst, Cyber Security expert and a technology evangelist who assists individuals expand their knowledge by raising awareness with education. With 15 years’ experience as a consultant and 6 years’ experience in manufacturing, his drive for innovation primarily focuses within the Industrial Internet of Things. Michael has saved companies millions of dollars by thinking outside of the box and is well known to be able to master any challenges he faces. He enjoys riding his mountain bike, watching educational videos and playing video games in his free time. Michael had joined Twitter in March 2017 to engage, learn and educate with other technology professionals.
- Sachin Lullais the Vice-President & Partner for IBM’s Global Strategy & Solutions in Automotive and A&D. Sachin is focused on helping OEMs and Suppliers transform their products, operations, and customer experience with industry solutions that leverage IBM’s investments in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and Blockchain. Prior to this role, Sachin led the Internet of Things (IoT) practice in North America for the Industrial Sector and also served as Global Lead Account Partner for some of IBM’s largest Fortune 500 clients in Automotive and Aerospace & Defense industries.
- KPMG and KPMG US – a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
- Andreas Staub is a graduate of the University of Zurich and has more than 15 years of management experience in banking. He is lecturer and official examiner in several subjects (retail banking, strategy, corporate governance, among others) at several institutes of higher learning (Swiss Finance Institute, IFZ Financial Services Zug). Andreas is also managing partner and Chief Communication & Business Development Officer of FehrAdvice & Partners AG. Among other fields, his focus in consulting lies in digitalization, smart data, marketing and pricing policies.
- World Economic Forum – The international organization for public-private cooperation.
- Ludmila MorozovaBuss – Ludmila Morozova-Buss is the Vice President of the Global Institute for IT Management, Executive Partner at Brooks Consulting International, featured Contributor at com, Contributor at The Digital Transformation People and IIoT-World.com. With no political or religious affiliation in Germany, Ludmila’s interests intersect in IoT, Cybersecurity, ICT, business strategy, education, entrepreneurship, markets and the rule of law. In her posts, she welcomes everyone’s perception of success.
The biggest IIoT communities are centered around individuals, accounts created for IoT events and media outlets vs Industrial IoT manufacturers or vendors. Comparing Top 2017 Industrial IoT companies, listed by IoT One in the first quarter of 2017 and Kcore Lab’s list, there are only three big players that are on both lists: IBM, GE_Digital and Oracle. Companies such as Siemens, ABB, Dell, Ericsson or Honeywell do not appear at all on Kcore Lab’s Top 100 list. Companies such as SAP, Cisco, Bosch, PTC and Schneider Electric seem to have poor visibility in the top IIoT Twitter influencers.
Things in IIoT space are not yet crystallized as everything is happening too fast. 2/3 of IIoT influencers identified in March and June disappeared from top 30, which indicates there is still a lot of opportunity in the Industrial IoT space. There are many new IIoT/Industry40 influencers, most of them technology consultants. There are also some new influencers that are not directly involved in IIoT processes. We also identified multiple accounts of the same person, these being used to amplify communication. Even though things are changing very fast, one thing is certain – IIoT is getting in the radar of most decision makers.
About Kcore Labs
Kcore identifies an optimal influential set with high predictive power in forecasting future trends, products, the markets and everything in between. Everyday 500 million tweets are created on Twitter. By focusing only on the Influencers, Kcore Labs de-noise the 500 million tweets and distillate an optimal influential set with high predictive power in forecasting future trends, products, elections, the markets and everything in between. Most influencer platforms use simple heuristics like number of followers to connote influencers. Kcore Lab’s proprietary cutting-edge optimization algorithms identify the top influencers which are not necessarily the most connected people. Kcore’s research unequivocally shows that the number of connections is not everything.
About IIOT WORLD, a minority woman owned business
IoT World™ is the first Global Digital Publication dedicated 100% to Industrial Internet of Things/Industry 4.0. IIoT World™ combines journalistic coverage with data analysis to expose the stories, players, trends, and innovations that shape the IIoT space. Sample topics covered: Industrial Internet of Things, Smart Infrastructure, Predictive Analytics, Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing, Predictive maintenance, Smart Healthcare, ICS Security, Connected Industry: IT/OT convergence, sensors, connectivity, mobility, smart buildings, Digital Disruption, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous cars, Robotics.